Monday, August 4, 2008

6 Things About Me


This looks like fun :)....... I got tagged from my pal Jamee at Jonara Blu Maui.

Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you
2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry or post is up.

6 Random Things About Me:

1. I was raised in Kansas, got married in the Netherlands (Holland) and had our first child there. We now live in Missouri where my husband was born and raised.

2. We have 5 kids, 3 sons, 2 daughters. Thier ages range from 20 down to 3.

3. My favorite movies are period movies, like Anne of Green Gables, anything Jane Austen, Atonement, The Painted Veil, Pirates of the Carribean. I love the clothing, horses and carriages, scenery, etc. I also like foreign movies.

4. We live on a small farm and have some critters. One dog, three cats, one bunny, 9 ponies, 1 rooster, 9 hens, 15 chicks and a ground hog we can't catch, lol. Who knows how many wild ones really....lots of racoons too etc.....

5. We do vegetable gardening and canning. We put up 500 ears of corn yesterday and some dill relish. I don't care if I ever see corn again, lol....and we've got about 500 more that will be ready tomorrow!

6. When I get a free moment I love to make jewelry! I have always been interested in gemstones and pearls. Now I'm also enjoying metal beads, mostly sterling silver and hill tribe silver, swarovski crystals, carved wood and bone. Collecting an assortment of beads in different colors, shapes and sizes is great fun for me.

I am tagging:
Merel, my dutch daughter (she has her own parents too, but I claim her!), at Tapoles~Tales and Poetry
Trisha, my cousin with new twins!, at Good Things Come In Pears
Lesley, a mod and hostess from The Bead Stash at Bead Genie Creations
Dee from The Ivory Magnolia
Camille from Watercolored Mermaid
Robyn at The Daily Jewel

I know we all have busy lives, so no pressure to do this. This is just for fun but it's also a good way for your blog visitors to get to know just a little more about you :)

Have fun!

4 comments:

Lesley Jones said...

I did it!

Belle Adorn said...

Wow Lesley, you were fast! Thanks for doing this. Your facts are interesting too. Have a great rest of the summer. Tina

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Awesome post Tina! Thanks for playing along!

Belle Adorn said...

Sure Jamee, thanks for tagging me, it was fun to do.