Monday, July 7, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa's

We took the kids on a mini vacation last week down to Warsaw, Mo and stayed with my inlaws. They have a place surrounded by oak trees that overlooks a pond and it is so pretty and peaceful there. My mother in law feeds hummingbirds, orioles and all kinds of song birds, deer and turkeys. I didn't get pictures of the birds or deer this time though. I took pictures of all the wildflowers and will have several posts showing all the ones I could find.

My husband's sisters and their families were there as well and so we were a crowd of 18 people all together! There was lots of cooking and lots of helping hands too, thank goodness for dishwashers and inflatible mattresses! The kids had a blast with their cousins and the weather was so mild we had the windows open with fresh air in the house.

Missouri is usually very hot and humid by the end of June. The muggy hot air was here on Sunday to greet us when we arrived home. I think it will be here to stay for awhile too.

Here's a picture of the children with their cousins just before we left.

1 comment:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

What a cool group of kids! I remember the days of summer vacation and family reunions..playing with my cousins. Very special!