Sunday, December 14, 2008

Children's Crocheted Necklaces ~ Custom Order

This group of crocheted necklaces was a special order for 4 girls. What a fun project it was too. Each of the girls had their favorite colors and the rest of it was up to me for stones, colors of wire and glass seed beads.



One chose turquoise and so I put three different types of turquoise beads on silver. Finished with sterling silver findings of course, Classic!


Another chose purple so I went with purple wire and amethyst beads. Some were chips, some were smooth rounds and some were faceted rondelles. With all the purple going on I decided to add in some multi peacock colored seed beads that were lined with gold. The gemstone chips give it a youthful funky feel while the entire combination is overall stunning. Can I say that about my own work? Well I can't help myself. They are so pretty and each unique! I finished this in copper findings.



The third necklace was requested in blue. We already did turquiose so this one got dark blue, with semi-transluscent iolite in both faceted barrels and smooth discs as well as smooth rondelles of lapis. Gorgeous on copper wire. Wow. This was also finished in copper findings.




And the last but not least is pink for the youngest who is 4 years old. I used rose quartz diagonal cubes, pink cat's eye, faceted coral, light rose swarovski crystals and some multi colored seed beads which added a lot of dimension to this dainty piece. Wire color of choice was gold. So findings are gold filled. It's so soft and sweet in those pinks on gold. I call it cotton candy, which is what the rose quartz looks like to me.

10 comments:

MaricrisG said...

They're very Pretty! Thanks for sharing this so we all can admire it.

ChezChani said...

Very nice! You should make mother/daughter sets. Some moms get into that kind of thing I think.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

These are so cute! Fun and funky! Definitely pieces that they will not only have fun w/ now but as they grow older. I bet they are good and sturdy too.

carmilevy said...

These are gorgeous! I think it's remarkable how you can conceptualize something so eye catching...from nothing! I barely graduated beyond the colored-beads-on-string stage in nursery school, so to see work of this caliber is a total - and happy - eye-opener.

A Beaded Affair said...

Sweet and beautifully done. I've often looked at wire crochet as I used to crochet in yarn but still haven't tried it. Maybe it's time to pull out the crochet hooks.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

Belle Adorn said...

Thanks everyone. I wish you all could see them in person. Jewelry always looks nicer in person and on skin for some reason!

Good idea about mother/daughter sets. I will think about that one.

All of my jewelry pics are reorganized as of yesterday. What a work! But worth it too. I just "feel" better, lol. Tina

Jamie Gibson said...

Oh my lands!!! They loved them and look sooo beautiful on! You would not believe how much each one looks made just for each girl! Thank you so much for doing these! Such a special gift :)

Jonara Blu Maui said...

TAG!

I've tagged you w/ the photo tag game..it's funny and not time consuming. Go to my blog post The Photo Tag Game to find out the instructions, see my photo and see the link I put up for you there :)

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Hi! I have an award for your blog here come and pick it up! :D

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Hellooo? Anybody home?...hehe I have ANOTHER award for you....hoping you pick it up. Just think with all the awards and tag's I've given you..you have lots to blog about so no excuses! The blogsphere misses you!

Stop by here to pick it up!